As I sit wandering and browsing the infinite universe of the internet looking for ideas for this years' haunt I found some easy to follow DIY instructions for animated skeletons. Being how I just adore The Nightmare Before Christmas I have decided to go with that theme and create some animatronic characters to sing and move in my Halloween / Christmas animated light show. My goal is to create several of the characters in life size scale along with a few of the movie props as well. This blog will be a documentation of this journey to reality.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
UPDATE: I ordered the wrong one that's why it was so perplexing to me LOL new one will be here tomorrow then the fun begins.
I am learning as I go and have found since I already use DMX with my lighting to just build DMX servo controllers. PCBs are on the way.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Pumpkins How To:
Punch Balloons from Dollar store Scissors
Wallpaper paste Marker
Toilet paper Blender
Masking Tape Paint
Paper Towel cardboard tube Paint Brush
1. Inflate balloon and secure it to a bowl with tape
2. Tears newspaper and brown paper into strips
3. Start to cover entire exposed balloon with brown paper dipped in paste
4. Alternate layers between newspaper and brown paper until there are 3 layers of brown. Be sure to criss cross the strips to form a stronger shell. Allow to dry thoroughly. Remove from bowl/base. Pop balloon. Cut a piece of cardboard and secure to bottom. Add brown paper layer to secure. Allow to dry.
6. Draw on face - cut out.
7. Mix toilet paper and paste in blender until a clay like texture is created.
11. Paint to preference.
12. Add LED eyes
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
I also picked up some great electronics from Jessica today. I salvaged a computer power supply misc comp parts and a couple of small motors from an old cd player. She gave me more I just haven't started tearing it apart.
Brandon has offered to bring me all the pallets I could need. (for making coffins)
Last night I went to Tim's and picked up a drill press and a ton of misc. hardware and even a few Christmas items.
I just want to take this opportunity and thank everyone who is helping with this project!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Sunday, January 9, 2011
I have purchased the majority of things I need and I will start assembly this weekend.