Genisis

THE CONCEPT


As I sit wandering and browsing the infinite universe of the internet looking for ideas for this years' haunt I found some easy to follow DIY instructions for animated skeletons. Being how I just adore The Nightmare Before Christmas I have decided to go with that theme and create some animatronic characters to sing and move in my Halloween / Christmas animated light show. My goal is to create several of the characters in life size scale along with a few of the movie props as well. This blog will be a documentation of this journey to reality.


Friday, January 14, 2011

Totally scored today!

I met this nice gentleman named Tom, who is closing down his forklift repair shop.  I spent an hour and half drooling over all the goodies I saw.  He sent me home with 3 new electric dishwasher motors and a bunch of small air cylinders and a solenoid manifold.  I am to go back on Monday and load up his truck.  While I was there I found a tent canopy frame like at flea markets.  He also has a bunch more of the manifolds, tons of air lines, motion detectors, wire out the gazoo, air filters and pressure regulators, pvc pipe, window motors, and soooooooo much more.  I am cleaning my garage this weekend to fit it all in.

I also picked up some great electronics from Jessica today.  I salvaged a computer power supply misc comp parts and a couple of small motors from an old cd player.  She gave me more I just haven't started tearing it apart. 

Brandon has offered to bring me all the pallets I could need. (for making coffins)

Last night I went to Tim's and picked up a drill press and a ton of misc. hardware and even a few Christmas items.


I just want to take this opportunity and thank everyone who is helping with this project!