Genisis

THE CONCEPT


As I sit wandering and browsing the infinite universe of the internet looking for ideas for this years' haunt I found some easy to follow DIY instructions for animated skeletons. Being how I just adore The Nightmare Before Christmas I have decided to go with that theme and create some animatronic characters to sing and move in my Halloween / Christmas animated light show. My goal is to create several of the characters in life size scale along with a few of the movie props as well. This blog will be a documentation of this journey to reality.


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Micro Controller

Well, the micro controller showed up today.  I wish the instructions were a bit clearer with pictures since if I fry this it's 20 bucks down the tube.  At least when I get this ball a rolling I will post simple pics so that others that didn't go to MIT can understand how to hook up this puppy.  Oh, and this will control 8 servos.  That's 8 little motors each doing a separate task and it's less than 1" x 1".  SWEET!
UPDATE:  I ordered the wrong one that's why it was so perplexing to me LOL new one will be here tomorrow then the fun begins.
 SCRAP
I am learning as I go and have found since I already use DMX with my lighting to just  build DMX servo controllers.  PCBs are on the way.