Genisis

THE CONCEPT


As I sit wandering and browsing the infinite universe of the internet looking for ideas for this years' haunt I found some easy to follow DIY instructions for animated skeletons. Being how I just adore The Nightmare Before Christmas I have decided to go with that theme and create some animatronic characters to sing and move in my Halloween / Christmas animated light show. My goal is to create several of the characters in life size scale along with a few of the movie props as well. This blog will be a documentation of this journey to reality.


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jack

Now for Jack I have been lucky enough to have already found complete step by step instructions : Jack  So I will be following this as a guideline but also keep in mind he will be animated.  I stumbled across this exceptional example of an armature that I think I will use as a guide for Jack as I want him to be the most animated character.  I also found this example of animatronic hands that I will try and use.  This design will allow many motions and poses and should give him a life-like appearance.  I will start gathering supplies and see what I can get off of craigslist. Will post again when I am ready to start!

2-15-11
I have purchased the majority of things I need and I will start assembly this weekend.