Genisis

THE CONCEPT


As I sit wandering and browsing the infinite universe of the internet looking for ideas for this years' haunt I found some easy to follow DIY instructions for animated skeletons. Being how I just adore The Nightmare Before Christmas I have decided to go with that theme and create some animatronic characters to sing and move in my Halloween / Christmas animated light show. My goal is to create several of the characters in life size scale along with a few of the movie props as well. This blog will be a documentation of this journey to reality.


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ebay

You just gotta love Ebay at least for big dollar items.  I sold the dc servo motors that were traded to me that were for industrial use and immediately bought a Pickit 3 for programming PCBs.  I also bought about 20 rc servo motors today as well as some DMX servo controller PCBs.  My mouser and Digi Key orders should be here early this week.  I can't wait to start putting all this together.  Check the Treasure Chest again tomorrow as I have made progress and I also started on Jack's armature pics coming soon.  I am going to update the blog tonight and add a bunch of links.