Genisis

THE CONCEPT


As I sit wandering and browsing the infinite universe of the internet looking for ideas for this years' haunt I found some easy to follow DIY instructions for animated skeletons. Being how I just adore The Nightmare Before Christmas I have decided to go with that theme and create some animatronic characters to sing and move in my Halloween / Christmas animated light show. My goal is to create several of the characters in life size scale along with a few of the movie props as well. This blog will be a documentation of this journey to reality.


Friday, February 25, 2011

Time Flies

I realize it's been a little while since I posted and a lot has been going on.  First all the servos and the pcb parts I ordered came in.  I also made a paper mache "Jack" head though I don't like how it's turning out.  I have another idea to try for the "Jack" head and will experiment with it this weekend.  The pcb assembly is actually a little challenging I have picked up on a few tricks that may make it easier for other first timers.  I bought a card for my computer to convert my mini DV video to digital and will be installing and testing that today which means we will have video footage soon.  The treasure chest is turning out very nice I hope to have the mechanical part functioning this weekend then it's just aesthetics.  All in all I have been very busy with not much time for anything else.